Sony and PopCap games have announced an agreement to bring five hit games to the Playstation Network. The first of the five is Bejeweled 2, and is available now in the United States for $9.99, and soon in other regions. Soon to follow are Zuma, Heavy Weapon, Peggle, and Feeding Frenzy.
“As leaders in their genre, PopCap is to casual games what SOE is to MMOs,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. “Being the second largest publisher on the PlayStation Network, SOE is excited that this partnership will expand the PlayStation®Network catalog with awesome casual titles that players of all types can enjoy.”Bejeweled 2 Features Include:
- PlayStation®Network Trophies!
- PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) Remote Play
- Stunning 3D special effects and HD resolution (up 1080p).
- Explosive new pieces: power gems, hyper cubes and time bombs!
- Four ways to play: Classic, Action, Puzzle and Endless modes
- Explore a galaxy of handcrafted puzzles in Puzzle mode.
- Play for eternity and collect jewelry in relaxing Endless mode.
- Discover secret game modes!
- Hint-on-demand feature!