October 27, 2008

GPU Weekend Wrap-up

Well we figured we would start a new weekly post here at GPU with a wrap-up of multiple things from the weekend. We will post a few big news items, some info on what we have played, and any other tidbits of information the webz should know about. Let's get started!

News Headlines
GameStop begins filling LittleBigPlanet Pre-orders
-GameStop began selling LittleBigPlanet to those who pre-ordered on Saturday. The servers were not up at the time so people playing were restricted to single player only, but as of right now Media Molecule has announced that the servers are ready to go!

E3 Returns to (most of) its Previous Glory!
-E3 will officially take place on June 2nd through the 4th next year at the Los Angeles Convention Center and is being renamed the E3 Expo (in place of E3 Media & Business Summit). According to the press release, "The expanded E3 will welcome all qualified computer and video game industry audiences, including international and U.S.-based media, analysts, retailers, developers and business partners to preview the latest in interactive entertainment and technology." While it may not be the E3 of the past, it is a big step up from the last few years.

Home Beta Available in Next Issue of Qore
Sony has announced that those with a subscription or those who pick up the November issue of Qore via the PSN will get access to the long-awaited Home beta.

Trophy Support Coming to Pixeljunk Monsters and GTA:IV This Week
Both GTA:IV and Pixeljunk Monsters will be receiving trophy support sometime this week. The GTA:IV update is expected to come today.


What GPU is Playing (Weekend of October 24th)
Deadly Cyclone:
This weekend was a hectic one for myself, as many may have noticed not much was posted on GPU. This was due to the fact that my computer broke finally. Glad to be up and running again today. As for gaming this weekend, most of my time was spent chopping logs or serving beer in Fable 2. I also managed to kill some Wildebeest in Far Cry 2, and picked up "Beyond Good and Evil" for StingJR at $6. This week is a flourish of games once again, so be prepared to see me on Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, and just maybe some Halo 3 for double XP weekend starting Thursday.

StingJR:
This weekend was spent working on the site and playing games. I picked up Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 during the week. Far Cry 2 has been hard for me to get into and I hope I begin to like it. It doesn't help that Fable 2 has it's hooks in me. I played Fable 2 for most of the weekend. I also picked up LittleBigPlanet on Saturday. I played several single player levels. I wanted to check out what people had been making but the servers were not live yet. Sunday I managed to get in a few games of Halo 3 before jumping back to into Fable 2. Wondering if I like Fable 2? I love it. It's flawed in a few places but allows for you to make your own fun.

As for what I will be playing, backlog continues to grow as I pick up more and more older games I just didn't get around to playing. Deadly picked me up Beyond Good and Evil over the weekend. It will join Ico on my backlog shelf. I'm thinking I'll add Fallout 3 to the shelf as well. With all the great games coming out now, I want to make sure I have enough time to put into that game.

No comments: